July roundup

I haven't done these in a while...

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
I got a lot of books this month - The Heart of Motherhood, Catholic prayer book for Mothers, The Big Picture, How to photograph your Family, Scrapbook Designers Workbook. I couldn't wait to read all of them so I started each one and left them at various places in the house so I'd pick one up while I'm nursing and I'd pick another one up when I'm lounging in the couch. So, yeah, haven't finished anything yet! LOL!

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Not much TV going on...I've been trying to follow "So you think you can dance" and "top chef" but other than that, nothing much to see. I did watch season 1 of Lost on DVD. A friend of mine lent it to me.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
BIL's grad - after the ceremony, we had lunch at a chinese buffet.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
The kids had a bout with the cough and cold for about a week or so, but nothing serious.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
so many fun things this month! My friend, I, visited for 10 days so we took her around - Hollywood, Disneyland, Laguna Beach, Ontario Mills, even the Jollibee and Goldilocks at West Covina. The Salvador family were also here from New Jersey but the stayed with the Santiago's. We met them for dinner with Eug and were together during our outing to Laguna Beach.
DS had soccer camp the last week of July. Fun time for him! He also finished the LSS series with other COH kids.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
It was our first time to try that chinese buffet for BIL's grad - blech, wouldn't recommend it.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
The books I bought for myself qualifies for a special purchase because I hardly get anything for myself nowadays. Having I over and taking her to the mall also got me shopping for some stuff. I got a dress and capris over at GAP clearance. The dress was only $8 and capris $10. Good bargains!
The most unusual purchase of the entire year however, would have to be the Wii!

What were this month's disappointments?
I did not get to scrap one bit this month. Disappointed about that but it isn't so bad because the reason was valid - we were so busy!
I also had that small mishap with the garage door - got DH pretty annoyed with me then.

What were my accomplishments this month?
I finally started driving the Armada and have gotten comfortable driving it, even on the freeways! That's a HUGE thing for me!

0 comments: