That garage door

My day started out rather well. I woke up early enough to get the kids ready without rushing. Today was DS' first day at soccer camp. He was able to eat a healthy breakfast. We were on our way without being stressed. It was our first time to go to the arena so I wanted ample time to get there. We arrived 10 minutes early.
We stayed for a while. DS went straight to the field where he freely kicked around soccer balls. I stayed for a bit more for my own peace of mind rather than his. He was enjoying himself and probably did not even notice we were still hanging around. LOL.
Anyway, the girls and I then took a short trip to Superior for some food shopping. It is always best to go in the morning so that the veggies and meats are fresher and not yet picked over. All 3 girls cooperated. We got home and played and stuff.
We were to pick up DS at 12 noon. My plan was to leave the house at 11:30 so that I could still maybe get some pics of him playing soccer. Well, this is where misfortune strikes. As I back out of the garage, I hit the garage door. What happened? I was seriously surprised myself. The culprit? The hanging cord that you pull to manually override the electronic system got lodged in the Armada's door. So, as I backed out, it pulled the cord causing the garage door to start closing. At this point, the garage door won't budge. It's dented so it would neither go up nor down, thereby trapping the Armada.
How was I going to pick up DS?
I called up people I knew and no one was picking up their phones. I called the Arena to tell them that there was a small accident and that I would be late in picking up DS. They were very nice and told me it wasn't a problem at all. I finally was able to get in touch with my friend E, and she drove all the way from Diamond Bar to pick up DS. Whew!
And the garage door?
Well, it's still there - not budging. DH says he will check it when he gets home. I hope we don't have to get another garage door. If ever, that would be our third garage door in the 5 years we've lived here. Unbelievable!

0 comments: