A healthier lifestyle

DH: Mom?
ME: Yes?
DH: I love you...
ME: Dad?
DH: Hmm?
ME: I love you...
DH: Mom?
ME: Yeah, I know I need to lost weight.

I suppose I know him too much that just from the tone of his voice and the look on his face, I knew that this was what he was going to say to me. We've had this conversation a number of times already. And I know it's borne out of genuine love and concern. His rotation is at Internal Meds right now so he sees a lot of patients that have had diabetic complications. I am at a higher risk for developing Type 2 diabetes because I've had gestational diabetes the past 3 pregnancies.

DH: You think you can eat just salad and bread?
ME: what?! Are you kidding me? That's not even a balanced diet! Where's the protein there?
DH: Okay, eat eggs.
ME: Uh, what you're suggesting is not even healthy.
DH: What's not healthy there?
I start rolling my eyes and tuning out.

I understand what he's trying to tell me. I just don't appreciate how he's telling it to me - like I feel like I'm so obese that I need to have such a radical change of dietary pattern to even start to lose weight. I actually KNOW what I'm supposed to do. I just don't want to do it, I suppose. Eating healthier and exercising are the key ingredients to a healthier body. I really don't think I'm at a place that I will need weight loss aids like hydroxycut to help me lose the weight. Discipline ( which I don't have) is key.
I think the main thing for me is portion control. I just eat a lot! Sarap kumain eh. DH mentioned that it's not always possible to go to the gym to exercise considering that we've got our hands full so he thinks that I really should work on my diet.
Easy for him to say, right? Ugh...okay, enough of this talk. It's just making me depressed. LOL.
The bottomline is: I need to eat less and exercise more.

2 comments:

Anonymous | Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:20:00 PM

We have the same dilemma. I don't have the discipline to exercise and I have a very sedentary lifestyle. Plus, add to that the fact that I have hormonal problems to deal with. I really don't know which to address first! LOL!

Good luck to both of us in our quest to lose weight.

*hugs*

luni | Friday, June 26, 2009 6:30:00 PM

haven't visited your blog in a while. we can help you out. ron does this for a living. he'll only be too glad to give you nutrition and training tips. hope to see you in san diego :)