A Mother's Day Seven


Happy Mother's day to all! In honor of this day, I'd like to list 7 things about my mom I am thankful for.

1. She's made herself available to be with me after each of my 4 births, to help with the baby and house stuff. Such a blessing, particularly since she has to fly halfway round the world to get here.
2. She cooks and bakes really well. Yummy good stuff abound in the house when she's around!
3. Her love and devotion to her husband is something I'd like to emulate in my own life as a wife.
4. Her faith and complete dependence on God is inspiring..
5. Her housekeeping skills is something I did not inherit but I'm thankful for them. She makes my house beautiful while she's here.
6. She thinks her grandkids are geniuses and the cutest. I have to agree with her!
7. She is open-minded and non-judgemental but she is very clear on moral issues.

7 comments:

Joan | Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:15:00 AM

A good mother is an incredible blessing! Sounds like you got a good one like I did! My SS is also about what I have learned from my mother.

Melli | Saturday, May 12, 2007 3:55:00 PM

WOW! She sounds like a mother I want to be like too! Happy Mother's Day to both of you!!!

Mine is up too - though not about Mother's Day.

DigiscrapMom | Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:29:00 PM

Happy Mom's Day to you and your Mom! Both of you are indeed wonderful!

*hugs*

Anonymous | Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:46:00 PM

That is a nice list and a nice tribute to your mother.

Happy mother's day, joy.

Jane | Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:31:00 AM

What a wonderful tribute to your mother. Sounds like you were truly blessed.
Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Seven.

Anonymous | Monday, May 14, 2007 3:44:00 AM

Great Sunday Seven - your Mum sounds lovely :-) Hope you have a good week

Melanie | Monday, May 14, 2007 5:12:00 AM

I didn't do my Sunday Seven this week, but I still wanted to come around and read everyone elses.
Nice list. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!