More than half our lives

DH and I first met in October 1989, during our sophomore year in high school. He was introduced to me. I was introduced to him. I admit, I had a crush on him. He says he noticed me because I looked really mataray and that I had raised an eyebrow when I passed him by! Hahaha... So that's his type eh? Nothing happened though. We became friends and got to know each other. When his family migrated from the Philippines to the U.S., we stayed in touch. He wrote. I wrote back. He wrote back. And so we got to know each other better. He says now that he kept writing back because I kept writing back. He had written to all his friends but it was only I who religiously kept writing back. Did I tell you I had a crush on him? Hehe... But that "crush" developed to genuine friendship. We went on with our lives while still keeping in touch. Then, after years of not seeing each other, we met again in 1998. And that started a lovely thing. We got married in 2000. And here we are.

When I started adding up the years, I was amazed to realize that we've known each other for more than half our lives!!! Imagine that!

0 comments: