Minus 1.5

So, it's Tuesday weigh-in at the May Day challenge. And surprise! surprise! I lost 1.5 lbs during the past week. *patting myself on the back*
I kept thinking it's probably just water weight I lost. But y'know, why do I do that to myself? We've got a digital scale and it says I lost 1.5 lbs. So, I should not downplay this little success I had and be happy that I lost some, right? If it's water weight, fine, but I did take some steps towards my goal.
During the past week, I stayed away from sweets! Major points for that! I did have a Starbucks frapuccino but that was it. No chocolates for me. Plus, I cut back on the late night snacking! Woohoo!
This week, I plan on continuing the no-sweets gameplan, plus get started on portion control, particularly on my rice intake.
Did you notice that I'm delaying the other step I need to take? the going to the gym part is not something I am particularly looking forward to.

2 comments:

Robin | Tuesday, May 15, 2007 1:27:00 PM

You go girl - you lost 1 1/2 lb.s and you deserve to celebrate!

Anonymous | Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:54:00 PM

That's wonderful!
I've found it easier to just start one small habit at a time and then add to it. If I try to change all my eating and exercise and everything all at once, I get discouraged and quit. So, I think you are smart for taking it one step at a time!
Twinkling for Jesus,
Michelle