A birthday update

Hi!
Thank you for all your bday wishes. You've been so sweet.

Yes, I did celebrate. I gave myself time off that day. I did not do any of my chores! Yipee! Even my kids enjoyed because I practically let them do anything they wanted. They wanted cake for lunch and I let them! I did not want to argue. I just wanted to be in a good mood, y'know?

That evening, we went out for dinner to Cheesecake Factory. Yummy!

I also asked DH to tell me what he appreciates most about me. I figured that to hear him say what he liked most about me was what I needed and wanted to hear. If I waited for him to say these on his own, I just might wait forever. So, I asked him. And I felt good hearing him tell me all those wonderful things. I kinda felt validated.

And I thought, maybe we could do this every year. We used to do it in my family. My parents, bros & I would "honor" each other during each other's birthdays. So, maybe I can start this tradition with our family too.

0 comments: