Joke update

Yes, DS is still fixated on learning what a joke is. I told him it was when we say something silly. So, he's been going on saying silly stuff and then ask me if it was a joke. I'd laugh and say it was. Thanks to Darlene for her joke (see comments in previous post). I told the joke to DS. I laughed. He didn't. Then, he asked me to say it again. This time, he laughed. I don't think he really understood the joke but just laughed his heart out. Since then, he's been making up his own "Why did X do Y?" jokes.
Earlier today, he made up this joke.
Q: "Why did the goat butt the man?"
A: "To get to the umbrella!"

I started laughing, really laughing, because I did not understand the joke. It seemed so nonsense to me that I could not help myself. This seemed to encourage DS so he kept telling the joke until I was in tears from laughing too much.

So, now, he's making all these Q&A jokes that make no sense at all but gets us laughing so hard.

0 comments: