To go or not to go

Last February, I won 2 roundtrip tickets to the Philippines in a raffle by Goldilocks (a bakeshop). I was so excited because it was the first time ever I had ever won anything! I had never even won at those school bingo things or anything. I was awarded the tickets just 3 days before giving birth. Great timing huh?

I was a little dismayed though when I saw that I had to use the tickets by August. And they are non-transferable, not convertible to cash.

August is fast approaching. If I am to use the tickets, I will have to use it by July because DS's school starts on August 29. If I use the tickets, I will have to travel alone with the 3 kids because DH has used up all his vacation time. I cannot leave any of the kids behind as there will be no one to leave them with when DH goes to work.

The Doctor has cleared the baby for travel. By then, she would have had 2 sets of shots done.

I want to go but I am concerned about travelling with 3 little kids. My Dad says I've got spunk to even consider this scenario. I'm trying to look for friends I know who are planning to travel about the same time so we can coordinate and travel together. So far, however, nothing has materialized.

I feel it's a shame if I do not get to use the tickets. Free tickets to go back home do not just fall from the sky! They may never happen to me again! Plus, my family has not seen the baby yet and they really are looking forward to our visit.

Should we go? I have to make the decision soon. DH is leaving the decision up to me. He says that it is I who will be travelling with the kids alone so I should carefully assess it. Can I do it?

If we go, we will be travelling about 15 hrs, I think. We'll stay in the Philippines for about a month.

I'm soooo not sure what to do. I've been praying for clarity of mind.

Well, maybe I should book the flight already. At least it's all set. If I chicken out at the last minute, no harm done really. Yeah, maybe that is what I should do.

0 comments: