Start of the rest of my life

Yesterday morning, my mom flew back to Manila.

And so started the rest of my life...

You see, while she's been here, it felt like my life had been on hold. Sure, I have been a mom to 3 kids for a little over a month now. But since my mom was around, I had a lot of help. And in a way, I was not totally the mommy... she was. She took care of preparing meals. After dinner, as I attended to the kids, she loaded the dishwasher. When I got up in the morning, the clean dishes were put away and the dishwasher was ready to be loaded with the day's dirty dishes. She fed and watched my kids while I nursed my baby. She held my baby so I could shower. She held the baby so I could eat. She was simply being MY mommy.

Now, it's time for me to be the full-time mommy that I am.

This morning, as DD woke up, she snuggled next to me in bed. We had our usual good morning kisses and snuggles but I could not stay in bed as I had in the past month while she had breakfast with her Lola. Despite lacking sleep (baby was fussy last night), I got up, changed her from her pj's and gave her breakfast. And so it hit me... welcome to the real world! This is how it really is - my life as a stay-at-home mom to 3 kids.

0 comments: