Disappearing lap

DD has been very frustrated with me lately.
She loves to sit on my lap, you see.
She sits there while we read a story, watch a video or kiss each other silly.
But lately, my lap seems to have disappeared. No room in there for her. Instead, this huge belly has taken its place.
And she is not happy about it.
She does not like to sit beside me my while listening to my story.
She does not like to sit on the chair to watch TV.
And she definitely dislikes not having a lap to climb onto when she wants to give me her silly wet kisses.
I've tried to accommodate her. Really, I've tried.
But she keeps falling...sliding off...

Now, I'm wondering...
How will she react when that tummy disappears and a baby takes its place?
How will she react when she finds that a new baby has taken her place in my lap?
Well, she really has not lost her place in my lap, she just needs to learn to share it.
And she has never lost her place in Mommy's heart...
and she never will.
You think she knows that?

0 comments: