Photoshop Tips & Tricks for Digital Scrapbooking

I've been posting every now and then some tips and tricks over at the ScrapArtist blog. I'm reposting some of them here. I am in no way a Photoshop expert. It's all self-study. All of the tips and tricks I've shared are all related to help us digiscrappers.


(original post date: 6 Feb 2010)
I don’t know about you but when I scrap, I usually end up with a lot of layers. And I’m not very diligent in renaming them at all. So, most of the time I end up with Layer 1, Layer 2 all the way up to Layer 27, plus if I duplicate some elements I’ve got Layer 27 copy, Layer 27 copy 2 and so on and so forth. This can be very confusing, let alone frustrating when I want to move something but I don’t remember what layer number it is!

I used to have to go to the Layers palette and look for the layer I want to make active there. I just found out that there is an easier way!

Make sure you’re on the Move tool (type V to get there quickly). Ctrl-click (Win) or Command-click (Mac) on the element you want to get to. Photoshop will find the top-most layer that contains the information where your cursor is and makes it active. If you want to activate a lower layer, right-click (Win) or ctrl-click(Mac) and you will see a list of all the layers below where your cursor is.

I hope you find this little tip as useful as I have.

Have a great day!

0 comments: