Oh my GAS!!!

Just had to come here and say ...

OH MY GAS!!!

I went to get our vehicle filled up this morning after dropping the kids off to school. My tank was almost empty - with the red light warning on already so I knew I could not put off filling it up any longer.

Si I fill 'er up and my eyes widened as the price hit $65 and it was not even full yet! Goodness me! I ended up with a $75 tank. Can you believe that?!?!?!

These ridiculous prices sure are giving me a headache with our budget and all. One tank for one car and a whole month's budget for fuel is gone so it seems! UGH!

2 comments:

DigiscrapMom | Friday, April 18, 2008 11:00:00 AM

I feel for you! Gas prices are horrendous over here too. How I wish I could commute just like what I did when I was in Canada and the UK. But you know how horrendous the pollution is here in Manila and by the time I get to work, I'm all smothered with bad fumes and dust. And also, the public transport system here is just crap.

Gas is taking up a lot of my budget too. But of course, I've learned to properly plan my trips now to save on gas consumption. So far, I'm managing.

You have great budgeting skills and I'm sure you'll be able to pull this off soon :)

Anonymous | Saturday, April 19, 2008 3:45:00 PM

Petrol prices are ridiculous in Australia too Joy. Yesterday I put half a tank full in the work car and it cost me $42 to do that. (Lucky work pays for all that).
We're lucky that I live close to my work and DH has a work car so that saves us a lot. But I'm feeling your pain.