Help a Frazzled Mom

OMG! I have a huge headache! I haven't had much sleep that last week or so. Culprit? DD3. I do not know what's up with her! Well, it started out when she was teething. But that tooth has come up now and I can't feel any more bulging in her gums. I suppose she's still teething. Who knows? All I know is that she's been keeping me up. She sleeps for a couple of hours then wakes up crying. I do not know what to do with her! And when she cries, she's also trashing her crib! LOL! She arches her back and falls back on her bottom or bangs her head ,etc. I've tried giving the Hyland's teething tablets but I haven't noticed any change in her nighttime waking at least.
Can any other moms give their diagnosis?
I am seriously at wit's end. I have not encountered this with my other kids so this is really new to me.
I want to sleep!
Yesterday, I was so tired that I woke up at 7:55 am! DS' school starts at 8:10!!! You cannot believe how fast I moved. I had to wake DS, prepare his lunch and get him to school on time. Good thing the school is only a 5-minute drive. Poor DS did not get a chance to have breakfast. I just packed him an extra snack to eat during recess. We made it - barely! I did not have time to get dressed. I just put on a sweater over my jammies and drove off.
So, pls help a frazzled mom. Any advice on how to get this almost a year old baby to sleep through the night?

2 comments:

Gabi | Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:49:00 PM

Oh poor Joy! I wish I could help. But unfortunately I'm at the same situation right now. My DD is teething too. Only advice is - be strong, it will be over one day... ;)

Joy | Friday, January 11, 2008 5:48:00 PM

Thanks for the reminder Gabi! I needed to hear that. Yes, this too shall pass. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, this is really just a blip, a nano second and I really just need to focus and enjoy her as a baby.